Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Kiss Scene for Valentine's Day Bloghop

Happy Valentine's Day! Today I'm taking part in the Is it Getting HOT in Here? bloghop, hosted by Hope Roberson.

By participating in this fabulous bloghop, we're supposed to share a kissing scene. I chose this one from my edgy young adult work-in-progress. It's set in Huntington Beach, California. Leslie's 15 and just met the cutest guy she's ever seen. Here goes:
        
        The song ended and Anchovie fed me one of his fries. I was afraid to chew it in front of him, so I let it soften in my mouth until it almost melted before I swallowed it.
        He smirked. “Never saw someone eat without chewing.”               
        My cheeks burned. He must've noticed because he added, “Just teasing.” He cupped my chin in his palm and brought my face closer to his.
       Oh man, oh man, I thought. This is IT. Here in public in front of his friends and the rest of the world. The first kiss is supposed to be private, isn’t it? It’s supposed to be special.
       “There you are.” Tina strode in like she was the queen of riptides, with Lupe trailing behind. 
       Anchovie let his hand drop.
       “We’ve been looking all over for you guys,” Tina said. “We gotta go NOW.”
       “Cool your heels there, Tina-Mint,” Anchovie joked.
       She narrowed her eyes and grabbed at my elbow. “My dad’s gonna kill me if I get home late.”
       “All right,” I said. “Let me say goodbye first.”
       “Hurry up.” Tina glared.
       Lupe smiled. “It’s cool. Take your time.”
       Anchovie leaned in so close, his breath tickled my nose. “Are you coming back tomorrow?”
       “I—I can’t. Gotta babysit my brother.”
       “Bummer. Then I’ll see you Wednesday?”
       “O-okay.” Stupid bottom lip, it wouldn’t stop quivering.
       Anchovie pulled my body close, wrapped his arms around me, and moved his mouth to mine. Omigosh, omigosh. This was it. When his lips touched mine, I trembled. Before I could figure out how I felt about it, did I like it or not, he shoved his tongue deep in my mouth. What? I could hardly breathe. He wiggled his tongue up and down, then all around. It was like an eel poking around in a cave. I swore I was going to choke and lose my fries.
       He pressed his lips hard and his teeth bumped against mine. I was glad neither of us wore braces. My heart beat so fast, it pounded in my ears. Then he pulled back and my first kiss was over.
       It was the most disgusting thing that ever happened to me.


Do you remember your first kiss? Was it sweet or disastrous? Care to share?


Read more steamy kissing scenes! Here are the others participating in the bloghop. There may be more who signed up after I copied and pasted the list, so check on Hope's blog

1.Leigh Covington2.A.E. Martin
3.Emily R. King4.Angie Cothran
5.Kelley Lynn6.Jenny S. Morris
7.WRITING IN THE CROSSHAIRS8.Laura @ Daily Dodo
9.Trisha @ WORD STUFF10.dreamwritepublish
11.Cortney Pearson12.ali cross
13.Motivation for Creation14.Jenna Cooper
15.Jenny @ Castles in the Sky16.An Author's Ramblings
17.PK HREZO18.Thardrandian Thoughts
19.Carrie-Anne20.Marta Szemik
21.Charity Bradford22.Bonnie Rae, Just Words
23.Wendy S. Russo24.David Powers King
25.Krista McLaughlin26.BragonDorns Asylum
27.Vive le Nerd28.Tara Tyler
29.J. A. Bennett30.Jennee Thompson
31.Cutest Landing32.A.J. Mullarky
33.Jolene Perry34.Julie Dorris
35.A Writer's Journey36.Melissa Sugar
37.Susan Oloier38.Unyielding
39.epitome40.Brinda Berry Blogs
41.Tracy Bermeo (A2ZMommy)42.Lisa L. Regan
43.Write Here, Write Now44.Lori M Lee
45.Stina Lindenblatt46.Clare Dugmore Writes
47.Shell Flower48.Julie Tuovi
49.Jack Flacco50.Stephanie Diaz
51.Angela Quarles52.Through the Looking Glass
53.Crystal Licata54.Morgan Shamy
55.Angela M @ Jaded Love Junkie56.The Capillary
57.Kelley Vitollo58.Nancy S. Thompson
59.Ashley Nixon60.Lynn Kelley: Random Acts of Weirdness
61.Tales from the Rh?n62.Signage
63.Rachel Morgan64.Cara M @ CP Slayer
65.Kiru Taye Writes66.Larissa's World
67.Loralie Hall68.Elizabeth Prats :)
69.Theresa Paolo70.Love in Flight by Glo
71.The Submission Process

49 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a fun bloghop, not that I have anything to share :) At least you could say it was unforgettable! :)

Old Kitty said...

I was put off by this boy's name and so it didn't surprise me that the kiss was yucky! Poor Leslie!!

take care
x

Stina said...

LOL Well that certainly wasn't the steamy kiss like some of the others I've read.

Carol Kilgore said...

This was great! She learned what totally turns her off.

No way am I sharing my first kiss.

Anonymous said...

Well, that was like my first kiss if you count Truth or Dare, but from the first guy I liked it was wonderful...

Jasmine Walt said...

Ha! Definitely realistic for a first kiss. Anchovie is a funky name-- he must be really good looking if she could have gotten past it! And I had no idea fries could melt in your mouth. :o

Emily R. King said...

That is disgusting! EWW! I've totally been kissed like that before. *shivers*

Kelley Lynn said...

This was so fun to read, feel so bad for the girl though! :(

My first kiss was nice. It was a kiss in a musical actually so it occurred in front of 300 other people :) haha.

Cortney Pearson said...

LOL! I LOVED this! My first kiss was similarly gross. Tongue the first time around is not a good idea... ;)Nicely done!!! :D

Jenny S. Morris said...

I AM DYING!!!! This is so my first kiss. HAHAHAHA. Except I wasn't around anyone else. But I did call my BFF and ask her if it was supposed to feel like a fish in your mouth.

The guys name is interesting BTW.

Charity Bradford said...

Yay for an honest first kiss! This was great and reminded me of an unfortunate situation from my teen years. Lol.

Coleen Patrick said...

Almost exactly like my first kiss-- so gross lol.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

It is interesting to read about different "first kisses".

Hope Roberson said...

Oh, I loved it! I was expecting some magical moment and then it turned out hilarious! I remember having at least one of those dancing eels in a cave, so not what is expected! Great job, this was awesome! Happy Valentine's day Lynn:)

Marta Szemik said...

OMG! I almost peed my pants as the memories of awful and awkward kisses returned. You wrote that so well! "Eel in a cave"! Braces! Hahahaha!

Unknown said...

haha, that was fun. Definitely something that I would have experienced. Thanks for sharing

Charity Bradford said...

I love that thiswas a truly bad first kiss.

David P. King said...

I can't believe you have a character named "Anchovie." That's awesome!

Nice one, Lynn. Glad to see your writing again. :)

Theresa said...

Ha that is so awesome! I'm pretty sure mine went something like that. Awkward! New follower *waves*

Jolene Perry said...

HILArity :D

August McLaughlin said...

Love the scene, Lynn! My first, if it counts, was before kindergarten. I'd seen people smooching on TV, so while playing house I had my "husband" read to me, and didn't allow him to turn the page without a peck. Far more pleasant than my first adult kiss, if I recall correctly. ;) Happy Valentine's!

Angela McCallister said...

Oh, this is hilarious!!! Completely unexpected :) And with my first boyfriend, I really loved his kisses, the closed-mouth ones. He had soft lips. But the second he went for tongue it went from hot to so, so, so NOT. Sad. Thanks for sharing this. I'd read the rest of the book for sure!

Leigh Covington said...

First off... you blog is fabulous! Second - this is an awesome entry! Oh my heck, I am laughing out loud! My first kiss wasn't this bad, but one of the "near the beginning" kisses was and bleh. You totally brought back that awful memory. Totally perfect! LOVE THIS!

Leigh Covington said...

First off... you blog is fabulous! Second - this is an awesome entry! Oh my heck, I am laughing out loud! My first kiss wasn't this bad, but one of the "near the beginning" kisses was and bleh. You totally brought back that awful memory. Totally perfect! LOVE THIS!

Wendy said...

I love how it's such a let down! Poor girl.

ali cross said...

Oh. My. GOSH!! You just described my first kiss!! Seriously!

Trade your location for the front lawn of my middle school WITH BUSES OUT FRONT AND KIDS COMING OUT OF SCHOOL. It. Was. Horrible. Wet and huge, he practically swallowed my whole face. *shiver*

You did a great job with this kiss ... it totally made me remember my yucky one, so I'd say you got it right!

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

This is the first entry to literally make me laugh out loud. I felt the same thing, the flopping for my first kiss. Both the guy and I (I was his first kiss, too) went to the bathroom to brush our teeth.

This was awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Shell Flower said...

This description is pretty much perfect. I love first kiss scenes depicted so realistically. I've had some of those eel types myself, eew slimy!! My first kiss wasn't that bad, he was a bit more chill, but it was still sort of like touching a toad or something in my mind.

Morgan said...

LOL! What a fresh take on a first kiss ;) I enjoy your voice---it's natural, with nice humor.

New follower here--came by to thank you for your kind comment on my blog. So glad to be connected. Love writer friends! :D

El said...

Aww!! But at least you knew it could only get better from there!! (Which I hope it did for you lol)

Thanks for sharing!

Adrianne Russell said...

Gah, those kinds of kisses are the worst!

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Yep - not all first kisses are the best! My first was good, but later ones were pretty awful, and I remember being so let down!

Empty Nest Insider said...

Funny story Lynn, and unfortunately I could relate! I remember when I was in college I ran into two other girls who also dated a boy I went out with (at different times), and we all agreed he was a bad kisser. One of them called him the"Carefree Sugarless Gum kisser!" Julie

Anonymous said...

Hilarous Lynn! What a great blogfest, look at all those people. It will take you until next valentine's to read all those lol. Love the eel line, your writing is brilliant.

Clare said...

Oh my god, this was hilarious! Thank you for writing a realistic first kiss. This scene is something we can all relate to, I'm sure. Excellent work.

Tara Tyler said...

AWKWARD!
love it!
thanks for the lighthearted fun!

Leigh Covington said...

Hey Lynn! I had so much fun finding your blog yesterday, that I tagged you in a post today. Play along if you can :)

PK HREZO said...

lol... an eel in a cave! Yes! That's exactly what it was like. I remember thinking, "this is gross." lol... but then I was 11 and not quite ready for it.

Anonymous said...

Such a great mashup of bloggers I am not familiar with!
My first kiss was of the French persuasion... eeeeuuuuuuwww!

Jen said...

ah yes, I remember that moment

Deniz Bevan said...

Anchovie! I thought it was going to be a sweet joke - and then, that kiss! ugh!
You told it so well :-)

Anonymous said...

I do remember my first kiss. It was a bit disastrous like this one.

Anonymous said...

My first kiss was by a girl two years older than me. I was around the seventh grade. I told a few of my close friends but they didn;t believe me.

Cassie Mae said...

I love that you chose to write about a nasty kiss, lol. I haven't had one but I'm sure other people have and a lot of teens have this problem. :)

Keep that eel tongue out of there!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! This is the only one I've read that was a HORRIBLE kiss ;-) That image of the eel in the cave... Ewww!

Kiru Taye said...

lol...oh dear, disastrous indeed. You captured the horror of a bad kiss brilliantly. :)

JJ said...

Hello my friend. I am sorry I have not been around for a little while. I have once again embarked on a new venture. I will write about it in the future. What a crazy life. In any event, I just wanted to say hello. I am still alive and well, living in St. Augustine.

LynNerdKelley said...

I want to thank all of you for your great, insightful comments. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. My blogging time is so limited now that I haven't been able to reply to each one, but I'm thankful to all of you. I'll catch up with you all ASAP. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Such a great scene! Thank you for the thrill! :)